We the Citizens also had an International Scientific Advisory Committee to advise on the Citizens’ Assembly in Ireland. Its members included:
- Professor Ken Carty, University of British Columbia, Canada and former academic director of the British Columbia Citizens’ Parliament
- Professor Russell Dalton, University of California Irvine; a leading scholar on citizen engagement.
- Dr Clodagh Harris, UCC, an expert on deliberative processes
- Professor Michael Laver, NYU and convenor of Citizens’ Juries
- Professor Peter Mair, European University Institute; a leading scholar on parties and representative democracy
- Professor Michael Marsh, TCD, director of the Irish National Election Study
- Professor Ian McAllister, Australian National University; involved in the Australian deliberative polls.
- Professor Pippa Norris, JFK School of Government, Harvard University; leading expert on citizen engagement